Lincoln Berkeley Community Garden was founded in 1977 as a small shaded woodland retreat, a green space nestled in the busy urban environment. Over the years it has evolved to be a community hub for the residents of Park Slope. Today, the garden has matured into a small oasis of tranquility, a peaceful and restful place where you can relax, enjoy nature and escape from the daily grind. The garden has a strong membership and it’s a community hangout, with regular events, workshops and fundraisers for adults and children to enjoy. Lincoln Berkeley Community Garden has a composting program to enrich and maintain the soil of its garden, making it self sustained.
Lincoln Berkeley Community Garden’s mission statements:
- BACK TO NATURE. A nature garden — a tranquil, restful and peaceful place for the community to relax, enjoy nature and have a green space for family time.
- CONNECT WITH THE COMMUNITY. A place with seasonal events and workshops.
- BE SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE. A developing composting program to enrich the garden soil and to make better use of food waste, in addition to grow herbs and plants for home cooking.
- Raised Beds for Herbs
- Woodland path layout with secluded sitting places and a larger communal area at the rear of the garden
- Regular community events
- Barbecue for communal use
- Heater for cold weather use
- Book library
- Garden games
- Array of bird species visiting the garden
- Butterfly Garden being established (Neighborhood grant awarded in May 2019)
Involvement in Lincoln Berkeley Community Garden includes: attending meetings, gathering and fundraising events, to help out with garden maintenance and above all to open up the garden on a regular basis for everyone to enjoy. To become a member and for more information, please email: email@example.com.
22 Lincoln Place Brooklyn 11217